Product Idea to Product Success
A Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Making Money from Your Idea
ISBN: 9780972552103; LCCN: 2003111239; Paperback 320 pages
Hello Inventor, Entrepreneur, Idea Person,
I've written Product Idea to Product Success to help you get past any frustration, avoid being ripped off, and to help realize your dreams.
You're about to discover
three key areas:
(1) Getting Started with a New Idea,
(2) Market Research and Prototyping
(3) Marketing, Development, and Launch.
No matter what kind of idea you have, this information applies to you.
You're going to save time, make money, and save yourself aggravation. You'll learn to avoid mistakes and disastrous situations that new inventors are vulnerable to.
Part 1. Getting Started with a New Idea
Creativity | Invention Roadmap | Pitfalls | Protecting Your Idea | Patents | Trademarks | Licensing
"Hide not your talents, they for use
were made. What's a sundial in the shade?"
Getting off to the wrong start could be costly. If you give thousands of dollars to a fraudulent invention company or get a patent too early, you'll likely be out of money to go any further. Empower yourself with knowledge and learn
- The complete roadmap that takes you step-by-step from product idea to product success.
- How to take your idea and make it better with special creative techniques.
- The factors that make a product successful and the pitfalls to avoid.
- Simple ways to protect your idea that are recognized by the Patent Office.
- What's patentable, the types of patents, the costs, and how you could loose your rights to a patent if you don't follow the proper timeline.
- How to save money by performing a patent search yourself.
- The valuable role of trademarks and how to obtain one to build trust, reputation, and loyalty.
- The process of licensing how to decide if licensing is for you, finding the right company to license your idea, how to write a licensing proposal that gets companies interested, and the key points that goes into a licensing agreement that benefits you.
Dear Mr. Yubas:
I am glad I purchased your book Product Idea to Product Success. It is a must read for anyone considering marketing a product. Thank you for sharing your expertise with the world. I never imagined how much research is necessary prior to marketing an idea or product. Your book is definitely the roadmap for getting started.
I will stay in touch.
Marilyn P. Mills
Part 2. Market Research and Prototyping
Market Research | Assessment | Competition | Advantages | Profit | Customers | Surveys | Interviews | Prototype Planning | Prototype Development
an amazing invention, but who would ever want to use one of them?"
President Rutherford Hayes (Referring to the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell.)
When I was a young engineer,
I thought marketing involved only advertising and picking colors. I didn't think
marketing was much of anything. Later I learned how marketing played a key role
in creating new products.
I'll share with you my 24 years of product development and marketing experience, so you'll:
- Find free market research sources and how to use them.
- Know what market research questions to ask and how to get the answers.
- How to flesh out your idea in terms of benefits, features, and advantages the product offers the customer.
- Determine your invention's profit potential, to guide development, influence investors, and gather supporters.
- Conduct free concept survey research to identify who will buy your product.
- Obtain more free research to identify what people really want in your product.
- Create a prototype how it should look, how it should function, where to get it made, how to make sure it will turn out the way you want it.
- Find out new prototype techniques and advantages of advanced rapid prototyping technologies.
- Get free feedback on your prototype to validate features and functions.
Part 3. Marketing, Development, and Launch
Marketing | Pricing | Retailers | Product Requirements | Certifications | Manufacturing | Project Plan | Beta Test | Launch Plan | Branding | Packaging | Publicity | Advertising | Selling
"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle
yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind."
Leonardo da Vinci
The development and launch phase
is where your idea truly comes alive and you're rewarded for your hard work.
Maybe you thought you couldn't get this far. That's because you didn't have a roadmap and my step-by-step procedures to guide you along the way. I'll teach you
- The entire product development process from design, testing, production to launching your product.
- How to work with designers and manufacturers to keep your costs low and make sure you're getting the product built the way you want it.
- To create product requirements to clarify what your product should have from the customer's point of view.
- How to uncover roadblocks before they happen such as the need to pass regulations or obtain certifications before you get to the market.
- To form a launch plan and timeline to keep you organized and on track.
- The steps to create attractive packaging working with a designer and packaging company to create the right look at the lowest cost.
- To organize a beta test with potential customers to get any of the bugs out before final production.
- How to get into retailers and distributors knowing what they want, how to approach them, how to make them love your product and come back for more.
- How to price your product considering competition, distribution channels, and generating the most revenue for you.
- How customers think and buy, and how to target your marketing messages to appeal to them.
- Take advantage of free publicity to generate awareness in your city, nationwide and even worldwide.
- How to make the most from direct mail and advertising for the greatest returns.
Dear Mr. Yubas,
I have read many books on the invention process. This book has to be one of the best ones out there. The book is very organized, well written and easy to understand. You did a great job not only covering certain topics, but really went into detail and applied some examples. As an inventor, I found this very useful. I wish I would have read this book first. I would highly recommend this book. Great job!
Extras Funding Your Idea, Writing a Product Plan, Business Startup Checklist
No invention or product development book is complete unless it tells you how to get funding for your idea. You'll learn the different types of funding, how to work with banks, angel investors, and venture capitalists. I also uncover the facts about getting SBA loans. And to get funding you need to show a plan.
I've outlined the sections of a business plan that investors want to see and the details a product plan must contain. And if you decide to create a business around your invention, I outlined the differences, advantages, and disadvantages between a sole proprietorship, general partnership, corporation, limited liability companies (LLC), and limited liability partnerships (LLP). You'll learn which is best for product liability, taxes, and growth.
How this Book is Different
You'll benefit from my 24 years of experience bringing products to the market. I've worked on both sides development as an engineer, and marketing and sales as an MBA. It's fun to be creative and develop products. It's even more fun to be rewarded for your efforts. And isn't that what you want to sell your idea or product? I'll be with you each step of the way as you formulate, create, produce, and sell your invention.
Hello Mr. Yubas,
I received your book last week. Thanks for sending
it so quickly. It is very useful so far. I have been keeping a notebook of my
idea's and contacts I have made. Your book is the step by step guide I need, to
help me stay on track and get me from product idea to realization.
It took me two years to formulate, organize, write, edit, re-write, and produce this book Product Idea to Product Success. Don't try to reinvent the wheel yourself. Take ownership of the book and for the first time you'll be on your way to turn your ideas into reality.
Click image: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Books-a-Million.
When you finish reading the book, I look forward to getting a letter from you, telling me how you've made a great success!
See how Product Idea to Product Success is used as a Textbook.